- Job Title: Programme Development Manager
- Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee (BAMER) Communities affected by violence and abuse
- Reporting to: CEO
- Direct Reports: Project Officers and Training and Development Officer
- Contract type: Full time, permanent. 37 hours per week
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Location: Head Office Sheffield; strategic lead across the region
- Salary: £27-30k pa
About the Role
The Programme Development Manager will work closely with the Senior Management Team to deliver the organisation’s strategic aims to build upon our existing work providing increased knowledge, responses and services to women from BAMER communities whose lives have been affected by violence and abuse.
This post will focus on strategic and operational service delivery and expansion, including fundraising, partnership building, programme development and promotion, with a particular focus on communities, local authority, statutory and third sector organisation relationships.
- Programme Management and Development
- Work closely with CEO and SMT to produce and implement operational work plans and budgets in line with Ashiana strategic plan
- Work closely with the CEO and SMT to identify potential funding and contract opportunities; contributing to and at times, lead the development of high quality proposals in line with the organisational income generation targets.
- Work with the CEO and SMT to manage the funding monitoring requirements and ensure all reports or monitoring information and payment requests are submitted to deadlines and are of a high quality.
- Represent Ashiana at strategic forums, networking meetings, conferences, seminars and external meetings across the statutory and voluntary sector to influence policy development and enhance impact and reach of services.
- Manage the delivery team and its delivery contracts to ensure a high quality programme of work is delivered to BAMER women and their children.
- Manage grant or service contracts with partner organisations to ensure outcomes, outputs and quality standards are met.
- Work with the Training and Development Officer to review the training programme and actively consider developments that will benefit BAMER women and affected communities, including quality assurance and delivery where needed.
- Work closely with Ashiana teams to maximise all external partnerships, relationships and opportunities
- Keep abreast of relevant training, good practice, emerging trends and sector developments to ensure that Ashiana leads the sector.
- Act as a safeguarding lead for the organisation. Ensure the team advocate on behalf of clients, ensuring the safety and well-being of the individual remains central at all times.
- Work closely with the CEO and SMT to support the profile raising, communications and marketing activities for the charity.
- Contribute as required to the wider work of the team.
- To oversee the management of risk within the team, including making decisions about accepting women to the project in accordance with Ashiana policies.
- Responsibility for maintaining standards of services to women in line with Ashiana requirements, including the practical implementation of equalities and social inclusion policies.
- To manage and account for the projects finances including monitoring expenditure against budgets, payroll updates and keeping such financial records as required
- To work in partnership with Ashiana CEO to develop and deliver sustainability for the project
- Oversee the development of operational plans for existing and new work and managing effective change within the services
- Proactively incorporate equalities issues and a positive approach to diversity into day to day working with all partners and ensure an effective response to harassment, oppressive practice and discrimination
- To encourage participation of women in relevant decision-making affecting the running of the project in line with the service user involvement practices.
Leadership and Management
- Provide effective line management to delivery staff, ensuring manageable caseloads, good administration, recording, monitoring and evaluation of the project in accordance with the funder’s requirements and the policies and procedures of Ashiana.
- Develop and strategically lead the team to develop and expand services across South Yorkshire and other identified regions
- Deliver annual appraisals and supervision, ensuring staff training and development needs are met
- Oversee the development of a consistent approach to training and make recommendations to develop a strong culture of training and development at Ashiana.
- Monitor the performance of your team and ensure that Ashiana meets the specific targets and outcome measures for contracts, taking appropriate action to manage poor performance as necessary
- Ensure line managed staff are fully inducted and trained in and adhere to workplace procedures and work within the organisation’s case management and performance management framework.
- Responsibility for supporting and implementing Health and Safety guidelines in relation to support workers and women as far as is reasonably practical
- Participating in and sharing arrangements with other workers to maintain cover for the Ashiana out of hours rota.
- To take part in any training relevant as determined by your line manager via supervision
- To work in accordance with Ashiana’s Diversity Policy.
- To work in accordance with Ashiana’s Health and Safety policy and associated procedures.
- Undertake any additional tasks as reasonably required as determined by your line manager
- To travel as required by the role
- To work within and promote the values and policies and procedures implemented by Ashiana and be involved in the development and review of policies and procedures as determined by the CEO and Trustees
- To undertake any duties and responsibilities as determined by Ashiana that may require working unsociable hours for example evenings and weekends
Download Full Job Specification