- Title: Area Lead – Combatting Violence and Abuse in BAMER Communities
(including Modern Slavery, Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation)
- Location: Based in Hull, with regular regional and occasional national travel
- Contract type: permanent, subject to funding
- Hours: 21 hours per week (future potential to become full time)
- Salary: £24,000 – 26,000 pa (pro rata)
- Closing Date: Friday 2nd March
Are you an inspiring, driven and compassionate individual, passionate about making a difference? If so, Ashiana is looking for a Project Manager to lead our Humberside provision for BAMER women whose lives have been affected by violence and abuse and play a key role in its development and future funding.
Ashiana Sheffield works with Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee (BAMER) women, children and young people to escape violence and abuse and specialise in those areas of abuse which are most prevalent within BAMER communities such as domestic and sexual abuse, forced marriage, female genital mutilation, human trafficking, gang violence and ‘honour’-based violence. The aim of our work is to increase life opportunities to enable those that are vulnerable to move away from the risk of violence and into safe, stable and happier futures.
With over thirty years’ experience, we are recognised as a main provider of BAMER services in the UK and are highly regarded as experts in our field.
About this exciting opportunity
Ashiana is going through an exciting period of growth and is looking for a committed individual to work with and support the Senior Management Team to develop our existing work with women who are victims (or potential victims) of modern slavery, human trafficking and sexual exploitation in Humberside and to further enhance our services to women whose lives are affected by violence and abuse within existing and emerging Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee (BAMER) communities.
Key elements of the role include maintaining positive relationships with funders; developing productive relationships with key statutory and voluntary sector agencies and will take responsibility for the operations of services in the area.
The candidate will have:
- Strong experience of managing, coordinating and developing staff with a proven track record of successful leadership and project development.
- Commitment to the values of the organisation in supporting vulnerable women and children, who can drive our aim to enhance women’s provision in Yorkshire and Humberside.
- Experience of working with BAMER groups in a professional or voluntary capacity or an evidence of passion for and commitment to support BAMER clients is desirable.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of working with management information systems/processes would be an advantage.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organisational abilities
- A flexible, collaborative and proactive approach to work
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension and flexible working.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who would like to develop their skills across a range of sectors to support a leading local charity and improve the quality of life of some of the UK’s most vulnerable women and children.
To apply, please download an application pack below.
For an informal chat please call Nicola Lambe, Chief Executive on 0114 2555740.
This post is restricted to female applicants under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1.
Successful applicants will be required to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure through the DBS scheme.
Ashiana is a company limited by guarantee Registered No 05853854: Charity No. 1120401.