- Job Title: Refuge Lead
- Reporting to: Service Manager
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Location: Office Base Sheffield with refuges across Sheffield and Rotherham
- Direct Reports: Project Support Workers and Volunteers
- Salary: £23,000-£25,000pa
- support and line-manage support workers to provide a high quality accommodation and support service to women affected by violence and abuse (specialising in Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery), ensuring that Ashiana’s values, policies and procedures are embedded into service delivery;
- receive referrals from relevant agencies and allocate cases and accommodation appropriately;
- Implement, oversee and monitor health and safety and rota systems and ensure all aspects of the service are adequately covered;
- To ensure good joint working practices are established and maintained with relevant parties.
- attend partnership meetings and deputise for Service Manager as required;
- assist the Service Manager to develop new services in line with women’s needs;
- ensure that service targets are met, and that internal and funder monitoring requirements are achieved.
- Implement Ashiana’s Business Plan and ensure continuous improvement of the service.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in order to ensure that women are referred to the project appropriately
- Establish and participate in relevant strategic and operational networks
- To oversee the management of risk within the refuges and the team, including making decisions about accepting women to the project in accordance with Ashiana policies.
- Manage, implement and oversee all refuge health and safety policies, processes and guidelines to a high standard, keeping accurate records and escalating issues as required
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local agencies delivering services for women in order to enhance service delivery through signposting opportunities. This will include putting in place information sharing arrangements.
- To represent Ashiana at local, regional and national level and to develop effective inter-agency working.
- Responsibility for maintaining standards of services to women in line with Ashiana requirements, including the practical implementation of equal opportunities policies.
- To encourage participation of women in relevant decision-making affecting the running of the project in line with the service user involvement practices.
- Responsibility for supporting and implementing Health and Safety guidelines in relation to support workers and women as far as is reasonably practical
- Responsibility for completing monitoring reports for Ashiana Board and other bodies as required.
- Manage the delivery team, ensuring they are working well as a team with a clear understanding of strategic goals and the associated tasks relevant to their respective roles.
- To have overall responsibility for the planning and monitoring of support worker workloads to ensure that the team meets targets.
- Support, direct and supervise project staff, which will include overseeing and monitoring performance and contributing to the identification of training needs.
- To participate in supervision and appraisal procedures and co-ordinate team training and development activities
- To manage and support the projects training and development element, including quality assurance of programmes as well as delivery where appropriate
- To manage and account for the projects finances including monitoring expenditure against budgets, banking, petty cash accounting and keeping such financial records as required
- To work in partnership with Ashiana CEO to develop and deliver sustainability for the project
- Coordinate and follow up maintenance and improvement works within the refuges
- To be responsible for the out of hours rota and ensuring full cover at all time
- To take part in any training course relevant to the post.
- To work in accordance with Ashiana’s Diversity Policy.
- To work in accordance with Ashiana’s Health and Safety policy and associated procedures.
- Undertake any additional tasks as reasonably required by your line manager.
- To work within and promote the values and policies and procedures laid down by Ashiana and be involved in the development and review of policies and procedures as required.
Download Full Job Specification