- Job Title: Training Development Officer – Combatting Trafficking
- Term: 6 months initially, with potential for longer term
- Reporting to: Project Manager
- Salary: £22,000 – 24,000 pa (pro rata)
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Location: Can be based in Sheffield, Hull or Leeds; delivery across Yorkshire and Humberside
To contribute to the successful implementation of key Ashiana initiatives through the development and promotion of appropriate training programmes and promote awareness and understanding of the issues that Ashiana’s service users face; in particular Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation.
To integrate, develop and coordinate the Ashiana Volunteer and Mentor programme ‘Experts by Experience’ within the training and development programme.
This will be achieved through a variety of methods as outlined below.
Training and Development
- Develop, implement and manage Ashiana’s training strategy to include in-house training courses and seminars across the region and nationally
- To promote awareness and understanding of violence and abuse issues most prevalent in BAMER communities, mainly human trafficking and sexual exploitation but also including domestic abuse, forced marriage, female genital mutilation, gang and honour based violence.
- Work closely with staff and volunteers to co-produce the design, delivery and evaluation of training and awareness raising sessions where relevant
- Set up a consultative process with key target groups to identify training needs and opportunities
- Develop appropriate training aids, handbooks and e‐learning tools
- Work closely alongside management team to identify, source and apply for relevant funding opportunities in line with organisational priorities
- Attract commissioned and collaborative training from local authorities, local safeguarding boards, law enforcement agencies and other public and voluntary sector agencies
- Visit and liaise with schools, universities and companies to promote and book training courses and seminars
- To participate, where necessary and agreed, in relevant regional and national training events.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to new learning and development activities and initiatives.
- To support the development of community-based services for women from the range of backgrounds, beliefs and situations that require the type of help and support we offer, assisting the organisation to make progress towards inclusion and cohesion in services and opportunities.
- To include volunteers in the design, delivery and evaluation of training and awareness raising sessions as outlined above
- Alongside support workers and managers, carry out volunteer supervision individually and in groups to ensure adequate support is given, the level of service maintained and volunteers are enabled to succeed.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Maintain training and volunteer records, and monitor, evaluate and report on outcomes and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- To incorporate training objectives into future training in consultation and collaboration with service users, volunteers and participants
- Participate in the financial management of the training programme, ensuring expenditure is in line with budgets
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of relevant issues, development in policy and contacts, and ensure the Ashiana training programme, relevant documentation and databases are up‐to‐date
- Update Ashiana CEO, Board and Management Team on the training programme achievements, challenges and opportunities
- Ensure all training activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
- To take responsibility for the Health and safety of all activities undertaken by volunteers including Risk Assessment on and off site
- Attend staff meetings, provide quarterly reports to Ashiana team and represent Ashiana at external events when required
1. To take part in any training course relevant to the post.
2. To work in accordance with Ashiana’s Diversity Policy.
3. To work in accordance with Ashiana’s Health and Safety policy and associated procedures.
4. Undertake any additional tasks as reasonably required by your line manager.
5. To work within and promote the values and policies and procedures laid down by Ashiana and be involved in the development and review of policies and procedures as required.
Download Full Job Specification