Ashiana Sheffield Privacy Notice
Updated May 2018
Ashiana is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to use, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully so as to understand our views and practices regarding personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and any and all other applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy (the “Data Protection Legislation”), Ashiana is the Data Controller in respect of this website. Ashiana’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted by emailing email@example.com
Your privacy is important to us. This notice (Privacy Notice) applies to personal information we collect from you when you use this site. Here you will find information on how we treat data that we collect from visitors to our website.
At Ashiana Sheffield, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site.
Who we are:
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the data controller is Ashiana Sheffield, PO Box 367, Sheffield S1 1HX.
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZA268299.
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Information that you provide to us, for example when you fill out a contact or web form
• Information that we obtain or learn, such as information about the browser or device you use to access this site, how you use this site and the pages you visit, traffic and location data.
Unless we say otherwise below, we will use your personal information on the basis that it is within our legitimate interests in operating and maintaining the site and providing you with site functionality and related services.
How we use your information:
Your personal details will only be used to send you notifications you have requested and for no other purpose.
Your personal data is not shared with any third-parties.
We use your information to ensure:
• The site content is presented in the most effective manner for the device you are accessing it from
• undertake data analytics to learn more about how you and others interact with this site and with our advertising
• detect and prevent misuse or abuse of this site or our services.
“Partners” are defined as companies utilising Ashiana’s marketing technology.
We process your data under the ‘contract’ basis of GDPR.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To provide quotes and listings to our website users.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
Who else we will share your information with:
We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your sell or provide your data to external companies.
Information about you will only be disclosed to relevant employees of Ashiana, and will not be revealed to third parties outside this organisation unless we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any agreements which may be entered into between us; or to protect the rights, property or safety of staff, clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
We will always keep records for historical and statistical purposes (and statistics will always be anonymous). However, if you do not wish for your contact details (address, telephone number, email address) to be used for these purposes, please contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or write to the Data Officer, PO Box 367, Sheffield, S1 1HX. There is also an opt out or opt in message on our website.
Cookies – link to cookie cookie-policy
How long we’ll keep your information:
We may collect information about your computer (or mobile device), including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration or for our own commercial purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
You have several rights under the law which include;
• Right to be informed – When we collect your data we have to tell you what we are going to do
• Right of access – You have the right to contact us in writing to request details of the information we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information that we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this verbally or in writing to us. We may need to verify your identity to make the requested changes.
• Right to erasure – This is also known as the right to be forgotten and gives you the right to request your information be removed if there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. You can do this verbally or in writing to us. We may need to verify your identity to make the requested changes.
• Right to restrict processing – this is the alternative to erasure and gives you the right to tell us to stop processing your data but allowing us to keep enough information about you to ensure that your wishes are respected in the future.
• Right to data portability – this gives you the right to ask a holder of your information to transfer that information to another business.
• Right to object – You have the right to object to your personal data being used. If you wish for us to stop using your personal data, we will do so without undue delay. You have the right to object to the processing of your data for marketing
• Rights related to automated decision making including profiling – We do not carry out automated decision making. We may however use some of your personal data on an anonymised basis and for internal statistical reasons only. This information is used by the company to help target relevant audiences who will more likely use our service. You can object to your data being used in this way. In such an event, we will not use your information as part of our profiling.
• Right to withdraw consent at any time where relevant – you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time and we must provide you with the information to need to do so, at the time we collect your data and each time we contact you. You can withdraw consent in the following ways;
• In writing to: Data Protection, Ashiana Sheffield, PO Box 367, Sheffield, S1 1HX
• By email to: email@example.com
• By telephone on: 0114 2555740
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, please send a written request to
Information Protection Unit, Data Protection, Ashiana Sheffield, PO Box 367, Sheffield, S1 1HX or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of your other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have collected or processed your personal data or have any other complaint in relation to our handling of your personal data you can contact our Data Protection
Officer by writing to, Information Protection Unit, Data Protection, Ashiana Sheffield, PO Box 367, Sheffield, S1 1HX or by email to: email@example.com
You also have a right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, further information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk or via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority – If we cannot deal with your complaint to your satisfaction you also have the right to complain to a relevant supervisory authority:
The Information Commissioners Office
Information Commissioners web site http://www.ico.gov.uk/
We have a duty of care to keep data up-to-date in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998, so we will contact you periodically if the details we have for you appear to be out-of-date.